Skip to main content

I'm Back from a three day/night Skunk Ape Expedition

I am back from three days and nights in the Green Swamp of central Florida. It has been fun, and an experience I will never forget. The opportunity to camp out 'deep field' miles from civilization. was something I have been dreaming about for months as Florida was in the grip of extreme heat. Now, the weather is better and I took advantage of that.

The camp area I had was on the bank of a river leaving its watershed. I was the only one out there, and when the sun went down, things started to happen. There was activity across the river in the 'skunk ape zone'. This is the area that is now closed to the public because of a death that took place years ago. The death was never explained. It is still a mystery.

The video below will give you an idea of the visuals and the sounds I encountered in this historical expedition in the Green Swamp. I am back and very tired with tons of videos to post up in the coming days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dozier School for Boys

This Florida panhandle town is the home of a mystery that has become quite a scandal in recent months. A small cemetery buried deep into the grounds of a now-defunct boys reform school dates back to the early 1900s. Rusting white steel crosses mark the graves of 31 unidentified former students, and approximately 81 boys in total are known to have died there. The location of the remaining bodies is yet unknown, and is the center of investigation even now.

Throughout its 113-year history, the Dozier School for Boys gained a notorious reputation for beatings, rapes, torture, and even killings perpetrated by staff on students. Despite periodic investigations, changes of leadership, and promises to improve, the allegations of cruelty and abuse continued until confirmed by separate investigations by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement in 2010 and the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice in 2011. These investigations prompted state authorities to finally cl…

Vermont's Loch Ness Monster

This monster isn’t in Loch Ness—it’s Champ, the creature thought to reside in Lake Champlain, the 490-square mile body of water on the border of New York, Vermont and Canada. Early reports of a monster in the lake first surfaced in the late 1800s but really hit their peak in the 1980s. Most evidence up to this point, and a famous photograph from 1977, have been discounted or questioned. But two cryptozoologists, or hobbyists who study unknown animals, on the hunt for the creature have made recordings of mysterious sounds that may constitute new evidence in favor of Champ’s existence.

“It was wild. I had seen Champ before, but getting that communication from this animal made the hair on the back of my neck stand up,” said Katy Elizabeth, a horseback riding instructor from Rhode Island who hunts for Champ in her free time with her boyfriend, fellow cryptozoologist Dennis Hall. “That feeling you get when you know a sound is made by a biological thing, that it’s not a man made sound—that…

Skunk Ape Captured on video

This video was shot by Tim Fasano in a major watershed area in Florida that feeds all the drinking water for Tampa. It happened because I was prepared to find something day by having the camera in my car. I saw a good area and possible movement, and went in. After about three hours, I recorded something of major interest.

The establishment of Bigfoot is going to ignore this, of course. They never liked me because I do what nobody will do. I commit to going into the woods on regular basis. I have been doing so for years.